Apple introduced Apple Pay to Taiwan on Wednesday local time with support for seven banks in the region, bringing the touchless payments system to to its 15th market.
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
While the feature enhancements of new OS updates generally take up more of your available storage, Apple's latest iOS 10.3 update has freed up gigabytes of available storage for many users making the upgrade. It reclaimed as much as 7.81 GB in our testing.
Apple on Tuesday updated iTunes U with a handful of new features, including improved annotation options and ways of sharing and accessing media.
Apple's stock price on Tuesday hit a new record of $143.80, eclipsing the $1,000 per share pre-split benchmark, and if it keeps pace for the rest of the week will beat the company's old market capitalization record.
The day is rapidly approaching where Apple will just disallow 32-bit apps from running on iOS, maybe as soon as iOS 11. AppleInsider shows you how to identify which apps installed on your iPhone are 32-bit — and points out some problems that Apple needs to rectify before that day comes.
With the release of iOS 10.3 on Monday, Apple has also extended Wi-Fi and VoLTE (voice-over-LTE) calling to more carriers worldwide, most notably enabling both options for the U.K. branch of O2.
Apple releases first developer betas of iOS 10.3.2, macOS Sierra 10.12.5, watchOS 3.2.2, and tvOS 10.2.1
Just a day after an omnibus release spanning all of Apple's operating systems, the company has released beta versions of macOS Sierra 10.12.5, iOS 10.3.2, tvOS 10.2.1, and watchOS 3.2.2 to developers.
ExclusiveKiller Deals: Save $150 to $390 instantly on Apple's new Touch Bar MacBook Pros with Apple Care, plus no tax in 48 states
First come, first served: AppleInsider readers can use exclusive coupons this week to instantly save between $150 and $390 on every possible configuration of Apple's new Late 2016 MacBook Pros bundled with AppleCare, including all 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models and all 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models. Plus sales tax isn't collected in 48 states.
Apple on Tuesday once again approved Metadata — an app drawing attention to U.S. drone strikes — for download on the App Store, following a nearly two-year wait after its removal. [Updated with second removal]
Card payment firm Square is expanding its reach into Europe, with the launch of the Square Reader in the U.K., offered as a way for small businesses to easily accept card payments using chip and PIN, contactless transactions, and mobile payments including Apple Pay.
Following a limited test, Facebook began rolling out Stories to all its iOS and Android users on Tuesday, coming alongside a new in-app camera with masks, filters, and other effects.
Though new AirPlay accessories are seemingly few and far between these days, Urbanears on Tuesday announced a lineup of standalone speakers that support Apple's Wi-Fi-based music streaming protocol.
One of the smaller but still significant changes in Monday's iOS 10.3 update is easier, centralized access to all the info related to an Apple ID account, directly from the top of the Settings menu. Here's how to take advantage of it.
Upon updating their iPhone to iOS 10.3, CarPlay users will find that their in-vehicle system now offers a convenient multitasking menu, showcasing the three most recently used apps — with some caveats intended to keep eyes on the road.
Amidst a lull in Apple hardware releases, an industry analyst on Monday issued a research note claiming Apple's next-generation Apple Watch will use a physical SIM card for standalone LTE connectivity. We explain why that is an unlikely scenario.
Japanese tech giant SoftBank is reportedly in talks to back a $6 billion investment in Chinese ride-hailing firm Didi Chuxing, a move that could dilute stakes of existing backers like Apple.
Monday, March 27, 2017
Nefarious actors using a mobile Safari exploit to extort iTunes gift cards from unwitting iOS device users will need to look elsewhere, as Apple patched the web browser flaw as part of Monday's iOS 10.3 update.
With Monday's iOS 10.3 release, Apple introduced new App Store tools that streamline app ratings and offer new levels of customer outreach by allowing developers to publicly respond to reviews.
Apple this week issued firmware updates for its major platforms, introducing all new features like Find My AirPods for iOS and Theater Mode for Apple Watch, as well as bringing Night Shift to Mac.
Facebook on Monday began rolling out a new feature — Live Location — to its Messenger apps for iOS and Android, just days after Google announced a similar feature for Google Maps.
Facebook is taking on Michael Hillman — a person with 15 years at Apple, including key work on the company's Mac desktops — as the head of hardware at its Oculus VR division.
CalDigit is partnering with AppleInsider this week to give readers the chance to win one of three TS3 Lite docks featuring dual Thunderbolt 3 Type-C ports, Gigabit Ethernet, DisplayPort and more.
Once iPhone and iPod Touch only, Apple has updated the standalone Apple TV remote app, and for the first time has a specific iPad interface.
Early adopters of the full iOS 10.3 release are seeing lengthy install processes, with multiple device reboots — probably as a result of the shift to Apple's new APFS.
Alongside macOS 10.12.4 Sierra and iOS 10.3 releases, Apple has also updated its Numbers, Pages, and Keynote productivity apps with Touch ID authentication, and assorted bug fixes.
In addition to iOS 10.3, Apple on Monday released macOS 10.12.4 with Night Shift, watchOS 3.2 with SiriKit and Theater Mode, and lastly tvOS 10.2, featuring smaller enhancements.
Starting immediately and extending through Friday morning, developers can now sign up for the ticket lottery for Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference in San Jose.
After seven beta releases, Apple has released iOS 10.3 with Find My AirPods, APFS implementation, and other improvements for developers and the App Store.
Apple is planning a slate of Siri updates for "iOS 11" which should include things like more adaptive AI and integration with iMessage and iCloud, according to a rumor stemming from an Israeli site.
Pre-order Deal: $10 off every new 9.7-inch iPad at B&H with no tax in 48 states, plus earn 5% reward
Now is your chance to pre-order Apple's brand-new 9.7-inch iPad, which was announced on March 21, and save $10 instantly at B&H with free expedited shipping and no sales tax outside NY and NJ. Plus, shoppers can earn 5% in rewards points on every iPad pre-order with prices starting at $319.
Apple's 2017 Supplier Responsibility Report reveals 2.4M workers taught rights, carbon emissions cut
The welfare of workers employed by Apple's partners is continuing to improve, according to the iPhone producer's latest annual Supplier Responsibility Report, with the firms audited also found to be following its lead in becoming more environmentally friendly with their production processes.
In launching smartphone-based ATM transactions across the U.S. on Monday, Wells Fargo simultaneously announced plans for NFC support "later this year," including Apple Pay.
Apple and other tech companies must provide government intelligence agencies access to encrypted messaging services, the United Kingdom's Home Secretary declared in the wake of the Westminster terrorist attack, claiming there must be "no place for terrorists to hide" from surveillance.
On Monday U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to announce a new White House agency dubbed the "Office of American Innovation," staffed by former business executives and advised by current ones — among them Apple CEO Tim Cook.
Buying in on hype for an anticipated 10th anniversary "iPhone 8" super-cycle, investment firm J.P. Morgan has raised its price target on shares of Apple to $165.
Final days! The Big AppleCare Sale: Save $50 to $130 on standalone AppleCare plans with no tax in 48 states
Extended by popular demand! Shoppers can save $50 to $130 on standalone AppleCare plans for MacBooks, MacBook Airs, MacBook Pros, Mac Pros and iMacs with free shipping at Apple authorized reseller Adorama. Plus, Adorama will not collect sales tax on orders shipped outside NY and NJ.
A new interview sheds some light on Drake's 300 million worldwide streams for his album More Life in its first week on Apple Music, and discusses the synergies between Beats 1 and Apple's streaming service.
Apple 'stepping up' development of augmented reality glasses, moving towards consumer device - report
Apple is reportedly "stepping up its efforts" in developing augmented reality glasses, allocating more resources to the project with the aim of shifting it from research into a consumer product.
With the launch of Apple's 9.7-inch low-cost iPad line, as well as a new red iPhone 7 and 128GB iPhone SE, now is the time to trade in your old device and secure a cash bonus before values drop. BuyBackWorld is offering readers a $10 to $20 bonus on trades over $50, while Gazelle is giving customers 10% more for iPads valued over $75.
- T-Mobile adds iPhone AppleCare+ services to Jump, Premium Device Protection add-on plans
- TSMC gearing up for 'A11' chip production, likely for 'iPhone 7s' and 'iPhone 8' — report
- New $329 2017 Apple iPad with A9 processor now shipping, arriving March 30
- Head to head: The best calendar apps for iPhone, iPad, and macOS
- Frankenphone combines (Product)Red iPhone 7 Plus with Jet Black iPhone face
- Chinese court overturns patent ruling, enabling continued iPhone 6 sales by Apple
- Apple's 2017 iPad vs. 2016 9.7" iPad Pro: Which model is right for you?
- This week on AI: Apple's $329 'budget' iPad, red iPhones, hacking threats & more
- New Apple Park drone footage reveals occupied research and development building, landscaping progress
- Apple reissues iTunes 12.6, removes mysterious 'Show on Profile Page' option
- Hands-on: Calendars 5, a powerful yet simple iPhone scheduling app
- US Senate votes to allow ISPs to sell personal data to advertisers without opt-out safeguards
- Deals: 32GB Apple TV for $129 ($20 off); iPhone case blowout from $2.99; 13" MacBook Pro for $1,349 ($150 off)
- Apple begins sales of (Product)Red iPhone 7, $329 iPad, 32 & 128GB iPhone SE
- Microsoft Word macro malware automatically adapts attack techniques for macOS, Windows
- Industry so far 'lukewarm' towards Samsung's post-Note 7 battery testing standards
- AppleInsider podcast talks (Product)Red iPhone 7, iPads, and Apple acquisitions
- Report verifies some iCloud credentials held by hacker group as valid
- Apple responds to latest WikiLeaks CIA document dump, says iPhone and Mac exploits fixed
- Rare photos of 'Apple II Forever' media event surface, reveal Apple keynote progenitor
- Video recap: Apple doubles iPhone SE storage capacity
- Google's Top News results for 'Great Barrier Reef' directs to fringe political commentary
- Apple Pay gains over 30 more card issuers in US, China & Australia, re-adds Santander
- Beats 1 host Zane Lowe sees a future with multiple Apple-hosted live radio stations
- First look: Lightweight Nike Sport Band is now sold separately from Apple Watch for $49
- Apple's iPhone, Samsung phones nearly equal in J.D. Power satisfaction survey
- How to implement Apple's two-factor authentication for security on Mac, iPhone, or iPad
- Latest leaked CIA hack focuses on Apple's macOS, utilizes patched Thunderbolt EFI exploit
- Wells Fargo to open up iPhone-based ATM withdrawals next week, no Apple Pay yet
- The tech inside: San Francisco's Electroluxx art & dance party
- 4-year-old saves mother's life by asking Apple's Siri to call emergency services
- US Attorney General claims a 'few weeks' needed to harvest data from rioters' locked iPhones
- Apple to start Indian iPhone manufacturing within next two months
- Apple investigating accessory that turns iPhone, iPad into full-fledged touchscreen laptop
Sunday, March 26, 2017
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Friday, March 24, 2017
Thursday, March 23, 2017